Re: perl packages looking for a new maintainer

On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 00:05:46 +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:

> > - libtext-bibtex-perl
> The bad news: I have no idea how to beat Build.PL and
> inc/MyBuilder.pm into using the packaged libbtparse instead of the
> shipped copy (the old patch against Makefile.PL doesn't help anymore
> since there's no more Makefile.PL ...)
> Any Module::Build experts around?

After some more playing around:
- it doesn't seem to work with the old btparse; and
- CHANGES says:
    * merged btparse library into Text::BibTeX code. I am sorry for all
      other languages that might be using this library. For them my
      suggestion is that they make Text::BibTeX as a dependency.
- which smells like ignoring/removing the old libbtparse* packages
  and using the embedded version and/or build the library from this
  source package
- building (with) the embedded btparse leads to tons of problems with
  the sharded lib
- or we just remove libtext-bibtex-perl ... (and libbtparse* are
  probably also useless)

 .''`.   Homepage: http://info.comodo.priv.at/ - PGP/GPG key ID: 0x8649AA06
   `-    NP: Billy Joel: Don't Ask Me Why