Re: Proposed policy amendment: test suites

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 14:52:44 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> perhaps it may be good to mention that the maintainers should (or may ?) if
> possible run the tests that need internet on their local computer before
> uploading.

Good idea, thanks.
I've added a sentence to my local version (will mail a new diff after
consolidating the changes).

> By the way (and sorry if this hijacks the thread), is there an easy way to run
> the regression tests with the contents of a binary package, in the spirit of
> DEP 8 ?

Hm, the tests already use the contents of ./blib/ usually, i.e. the
to-be-installed files. Not sure if this is enough :)
Other than that probably not, as the test suite doesn't end up in the
binary package,

 .''`.   Homepage: http://info.comodo.priv.at/ - PGP/GPG key ID: 0x8649AA06
   `-    BOFH excuse #111:  The salesman drove over the CPU board.