Re: Proposed policy amendment: test suites

Hi Gregor

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 05:59:55PM +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:
> During the last years there have been talks about which tests to
> run/enable/disable/... during package build on IRC. It seems that the
> preliminary results were never written down, which leads to the same
> questions and the painful exercise of digging up memories :)
>
> I'm proposing to add a section about test suites to our group policy;
> for that reason I've now written down a first draft of what I think
> was the consensus (added below).
>
> Please comment/fix/improve the text; we can then either finalise it
> during the BoF at DebConf next week (or commit it before, it there
> are no controversies).

Thank you for the proposal. I'm not a native english speaker but it
sounds all fine to me. Only:

> We can't enable or need to disable tests that need internet access.
> (If there is no specific environment variable, a patch is required.)

sounds a bit strange to me. It means: "no tests which needs internet
access", so need either to disable these tests or if there is an
option to enable then, not enabling them.

1+ from me to.

Regards
Salvatore