Re: Perl::Critic / Perl static analysis?

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:
> David Golden <xdaveg@gmail.com> wrote:

>> You'll probably irritate upstream authors if you do that.  The default
>> Perl::Critic rules are very specific to Perl Best Practices (the book),
>> which the author states are just *one* set of possible best practices.

> Sadly the "Perl Best Practices" online viewer isn't supported by Gnash
> so the warnings it outputs are also of limited use.

Yeah, I ran it once on some of my code, agreed with about half of it,
disagreed completely with about a quarter of it, and couldn't figure out
what another quarter of it was talking about since I needed to go read a
book that I don't own.  Sounds like there's now a way to read the book
without buying it (?), but still, eh.