Re: Wheezy!

Hello,

> Forward-bug/forward-patch
> -------------------------
>
> I still think that a tool for easily forwarding bug reports and
> patches to the CPAN RT would be helpful; in svn/scripts there's
> forward-patch -- but it only contains POD that outlays my ideas at
> that time.
>
> In the meantime Tim has detected RT::Client::REST, David was in
> contact with the upstream author of App::rtpaste, and Maximilian also
> has expressed interest in such a tool. -- Maybe someone can invest a
> rainy afternoon into such a tool?

I've just spent about 15 minutes trying to create a simple "proof-of-concept"
bug forwarding script.

It's nothing more than a hack: it takes the Debian bug number and the name
of the CPAN distribution (this probably can be replaced by reading the value
of "Upstream-Name" in d/copyright), fetch information (e.g. "subject", ...)
about the bug using the Debbug SOAP interface, creates a new ticket on RT
(the body of the message has to be written by the user, since due to a bug
in either the Debbug SOAP interface, SOAP::Lite or my understanding of the
functioning of the two, I was not able to use the 'get_bug_log' method of the
SOAP API properly) and then set as forwarded the Debian bug (using the bts
script that comes with the devscripts package, but may be replaced by a more
elegant mechanism if needed).

To create the bug on CPAN's RT it is obviously needed a valid BitCard or PAUSE
account.

Since I didn't test it ('m too scared of doing a disaster) I'm not
sure if it is usable,
but it may serves as a starting point/example for another try in the
future (I can of
course improve it, if it proves useful for someone). If something is
not clear or if
there are mistakes in the code, I'll be happy to clarify/correct them.

The code is on GitHub [0]. Do whatever you want with it :)

Cheers

P.S. I can also try to do something similar for the forward-patch
thing (and then merge
both the scripts in one) but I don't feel like doing it right now.

[0] https://gist.github.com/858661