Re: Wheezy!

Hi Ernesto

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 08:45:33PM -0430, Ernesto Hernández-Novich wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-02-26 at 18:59 +0100, gregor herrmann wrote:
> > Debhelper 8
> > -----------
> >
> > Proposal: Let's switch to debhelper 8 / debhelper compat level 8 (in
> > dh-make-perl and our packages).
> > Reason: It doesn't buy us a lot by itself, but having to deal with
> > all the 7.x versions needed for different features and in different
> > situations gets boring IMO.
>
> I have several packages that don't (and probably won't) have a newer
> upstream release (soon), so it's just a matter of bumping the Debian
> version after I clean up, right?

Yes, but depending on we can too leave it as UNRELEASED so far, and
only upload e.g. if some bugs appear. No need to urgently upload if
there are only the debhelper 7 -> 8 compat level changes.

But for others (like the libarchive-zip-perl you are working on) if
there are furthermore bugs which get's closed by an upload let's
upload.

Thanks for working on this

Bests
Salvatore