Re: Proposal: Drop extraneous "New upstream release" in changelogs

On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 18:10:30 +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> >PROPOSAL

Thanks for propising your ideas on the list!

I'm happy to remove redundant "New upstream release" line if noone
has obejctions.

> I propose a third style of moving (and merging) upgrades to new
> upstream releases outside of user credited subsections, like this:
>
>   * New upstream release
>
>   [ gregor herrmann ]
>   * Update debian/copyright information per upstream
>
> This IMO reflects better the fact that none of us really "do" any of
> the new upstream releases, we just apply them.

Hey, that's even nicer IMO.

I've already updated a package with this style today :)

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    NP: Tom Waits: Get Behind The Mule