Re: Nama - merging an upstream version with git

On Mon, 2011-08-08 at 12:05 +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> > To be able to use ssh, I ended up just wiping out
> > my ~/.ssh/known_hosts file. (Couldn't figure out
> > how to replace outdated keys.)
>
> ssh adds new keys on demand. not sure how to get rid of stale old
> keys, though :/

Edit the file and remove the offending line(s).

Unfortunately ssh keeps the file in a cryptic form.

However, the ssh program tells you which line offends.  Sometimes there
is more than one such line (there may be separate lines by host-name and
IP address or by different host-names if you have CNAMEs in DNS).

If line 17 is bad, then emacs will let you start like this:

 emacs +17 ~/.ssh/known_hosts

and ^K^K^X^S^X^C removes the line (^C = CTRL-C) and saves the file.  The
ssh program will then tell you the next line to remove, if necessary.

I don't use vi enough to be able to give a recipe.

--
--gh