Re: Git migration update

On Sun, Aug 07, 2011 at 08:31:43AM +0200, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> Le Thursday 4 August 2011 22:10:01, gregor herrmann a écrit :
> > > Without a changelog, we also cannot use the "IGNORE-VERSION" feature
> > > of PET (once PET3 has it anyway).
> >
> > Ouch. - And librdf-vcard-perl is already an exmaple.
> >
> > And the package also doesn't build to well (with git-buildpackage) if
> > there is no changelog entry for the new version at all.
>
> How about a compromise between the 2 approaches and recommend the following:
> 1/ update upstream tarball
> 2/ update changelog with new version, and release=UNRELEASED
> 3/ commit
> 4/ work other debian files _while doing one commit per change_
> 5/ update changelog for the above changes in other debian files
> 6/ dch -r
> 7/ commit updated changelog

This is what I have been using so far and I can confirm that it works.

The only problem remains "commits before the upgrade" (e.g. mass commits),
should we update or not the changelog for such commits? If no, should the
changelog be updated with such commits in the "update changelog with new
version" part during an upgrade? Else (if yes), should the change to the
changelog be committed separately?

Cheers

--
perl -E'$_=q;$/= @{[@_]};and s;\S+;<inidehG ordnasselA>;eg;say~~reverse'