Re: Update for old packages

Le Saturday 11 June 2011 16:11:24, Fabrizio Regalli a écrit :
> just to notify I'm started working for update all old perl packages.
> Basically my intention is to check the old package and update everything
> possible: newer Standard-Version, newer compatibility etc. etc.
>
> The perl packages list is quite long (more than 1900 packages) so this
> task will take a long time, but I think it's an useful thing.
>
> Actually I'm doing this 'by hand' (with dh-make-perl refresh help) but
> in the future is not ruled out the use of some scripts to speed up the
> activity.

You should be able to upgrade debian/source/*, debian/control and
debian/copyright with Config::Model and its Dpkg model. See [1]
for instructions.

The plan is to enhance Dpkg model to handle other package files. I'd welcome
input from you to enhance Dpkg model in order to help you in your task.

All the best

Dominique

[1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/config-model/index.php?title=Using_Config-Model

--