Re: The naming of an XSUB module for Twofish crypto.

On 05/05/2011 09:34 PM, gregor herrmann wrote:
On Thu, 05 May 2011 11:19:57 +0200, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:

Presently the namespace used for this module would
"consume" the identifiers
       Twofish
       Twofish::Key
[..]
Could I receive some advice whether this choice
of naming would upset the Perl namespace?

I guess you get more (and better informed) answers on the p5p list
then here; after all we're just packaging what's released on the CPAN
:)

Nope, perl5-porters is not the right place. (Just like this list isn't.)

module-authors@perl.org will yield better results and will not annoy people. p5p is for core development only.

For administrative issues around modules and namespaces, modules@perl.org is the right place. The number of people answering email is low, though, so if you just ask for namespace advice, expect delays here.

--Steffen

PS: There should most certainly be a 'Crypt::' prefix in the module name.