Re: Re: Should example scripts be compressed?

If we are to proceed with this plan, I think consistency is important.

If this is important enough to apply to a single package, it is also:

1. Important enough to document appropriately in Debian Policy
2. Important enough to file a wishlist or minor bug against debhelper
asking for functionality to be added, so this is done automatically
(without overrides)
3. Important enough to apply to all of our packages that have an
*.examples file (in case one of the examples becomes larger in the
future and escapes our notice)

But I will leave the final call to your decision, gregoa. If you are
okay with things as they are currently, and disagree with the three
points mentioned above, I will acquiesce.

Cheers,

Jonathan