Re: libdatetime-timezone-perl: timezone updates in stable

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 12:30:31 +0100, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:

> >> Judging from libdatetime-timezone-perl's debian/README.NMU it looks
> >> possible to just refresh the timezone database without changing the rest
> >> of the package.

In general: yes, and I've done it already.
In practice it needs a module which is not yet packaged since some
versions.

> > Why is it not using the timezone database from tzdata?
> See #416206.

I've once tried to build the libdatetime-timezone-perl binary package
from the tzdata source package. It kind of worked (with source format
v3 and multiple tarballs) but it was very ugly and also has issues
with versions, therefore I stopped that effort.

Of course if Clint wants to go that way I have no objections; but I'm
not sure it's really sane.

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    NP: Funny van Dannen: Nana Muscouri Konzert