libjson-pp-perl

Hi all,

I have done some investigation and believe I can offer some
clarification regarding libjson-pp-perl...

The upstream JSON package formerly contained two key modules:
* JSON (this selected JSON::XS if available, or fell back to the
included JSON::PP module otherwise)
* JSON::PP

Upstream has now split JSON::PP into its own package, instead
replacing it in the JSON package with JSON::backportPP.

So the load order is now:
* JSON::XS (from libjson-xs-perl)
* JSON::PP (from the libjson-pp-perl module that I am preparing to upload soon)
* JSON::backportPP (formerly the JSON::PP, but renamed to avoid
namespace conflicts; this is included with the JSON package)

As far as I can tell, the separately packaged JSON::PP is newer than
JSON::backportPP, so I am not sure what level of support the author
intends for the backportPP module. It is therefore in Debian's best
interests to upload libjson-pp-perl (and as Nicholas mentioned,
CPAN::Meta requires it now, so we will need to upload it in order to
upgrade).

Hope this helps clarify things :-)

Cheers,

Jonathan