Re: Please REJECT packages in NEW: libtwiggy-perl, libapp-perlbrew-perl, libstarman-perl

Alessandro,

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 4:28 AM, Alessandro Ghedini <al3xbio@gmail.com> wrote:
> AFAIU by your proposal, both libstarman-perl and libtwiggy-perl didn't
> need to be removed. They are both backends to be used with Plack and not
> standalone apps (even if they can be used also that way). Simply adding
> a Provides field and re-uploading should have been enough [0][1]... well,
> nevermind :)

I was talking to Florian Ragwitz (rafl) about this issue, and he
mentioned that they are indeed meant to be used as standalone
applications despite being built on Plack. I think both are
replacement http daemons based on different concepts, but they are
indeed meant to simply replace Apache or Nginx for PSGI applications.

Anyway, in either case, I decided to go for the REJECT anyway to give
us some time to discuss the issues. We may ultimately decide to
re-upload the packages as-is, and I think that's okay. But what this
gives us is an opportunity to discuss it and fix it easily if need be.

Cheers,

Jonathan