Re: Maintainer for a python project

On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 09:05:40AM -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
I'm just playing with MMA - Musical Midi Accompaniment

It's a python program that generates a MIDI file based
a text file that specifies chords, time signature and
rhythmic groove style.

http://packages.debian.org/lenny/mma

The current package is out of date.

Although it's *very* easy to install by hand,
it would be nice to see an updated version in squeeze.

According to the author:

	The original packager lost interest/time/whatever and isn't
	active anymore with my project. I sent off a number of
	messages to various debian addresses and didn't get very
	far.

Is there an appropropriate forum to seek a maintainer?

Debian Multimedia Team!

Go join that team, and you will already have one peer (me) interested in helping out maintaining that package :-)

More info here: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia

 - Jonas