Re: Orphaned perl packages

Hi,

gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> writes:

> On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 12:02:15 -0400, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
>
>> ich gehe gerade die aktuellen orphaned-Pakete durch, vielleicht
>> wollt ihr die auch in Debian Perl Group aufnehmen? (oder ggf.
>> entfernen, wenn ihr wisst das es fuer manches bessere Perl-
>> Module gibt):
>>
>> arch-perl
>> migemo-perl
>
> For those not reading German: Moritz asks about the two above listed
> orphaned packages - do we want to adopt them or are they maybe
> removal candidates?

We already adopted arch-perl, but the source package is now called
libarch-perl.

migemo-perl says itself that it is obsolete:

  This is an obsolete version of migemo. A newer version is written in
  Ruby.

The Ruby version is also available in Debian (migemo).  Given that
nobody has adopted the package for almost a year, I say it can be
removed from Debian.  The popcon is also not very high: 16 for
migemo-perl and 35 for liblingua-romkan-perl, vote is even lower:
only 1 (6).  I will change [1] to a RM request.

Regards,
Ansgar

[1] <http://bugs.debian.org/541044>