cgi in webb apps location

Hi,

I'm working on packaging IP network/addresses management application, perl CGI's with some HTML and CSS on Mysql.
I have few questions regarding placing files;

- web apps policy is to place files in /usr/share/PACKAGE but that (maybe) pulls some security issues. Seems that all dirs and files in /usr/share is under root:root ownership. Because CGI's must have x permissions beside root, that means I have to give x permissions to "others" and that doesnt look very good to me. Question is can I change ownership in /usr/share on apache user and if I cant, what will be the best place for CGI's?

- application contains several scripts for automatic actualization against DNS, OCS inventory tool or SNMP polls against the network device, they can be used from command line or from crontab, /usr/bin?

Tnx.

Regards,

Nenad