Re: please upload libparse-dia-sql-perl

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 18:27:11 +0000, andreas@faafeng.com wrote:

> > * There's no debian/source/format
> > * debian/libparse-dia-sql-perl.docs still contains README
> > * debian/copyright:
> > +Copyright:
> > + Copyright (C) 2004 <ttiimmeelleessss@tigris.org>
> >   is incomplete, the "Files: tedia2sql" and "License: xx" lines are
> >   missing
> >   And now there is GPL-2 and GPL-2+ but only a GPL-2 stanza at the
> >   bottom, and the link there should point to ".../GPL-2"
> > * IO::Uncompress: applies to Build-Depends-Indep and Depends.
> I have attempted to address the above issues, and
> dpkg-buildpackage now seems to run without errors.

Thanks for your quick work!

Next (and probably last :)) round of comments:

* Please add the original README back to trunk; although it's not
  needed for the binary package there might be some confusion with
  svn-upgrade later.

* debian/control: please add
  "perl (>= 5.10) | libio-compress-perl | libio-compress-zlib-perl"
  to both Build-Depends-Indep and Depends (if my assumption is
  correct that IO::Uncompress::Gunzip is needed both at runtime and
  build time)

* debian/copyright: I have to admit that I don't find the file
  "tedia2sql" (I took it from your commit message without searchig
  for it). Is this bin/parsediasql? If so please change :)

  Ah, now I see "Parse::Dia::SQL is based on I<tedia2sql> by Tim
  Ellis and others." So this just refers to "older" copyright of the
  same code? Then I'd leave out the separate stanza about "File:
  tedia2sql" and add to info into the general stanza, either as

Files: *
Copyright:
 YYYY, Andreas Faafeng <aff@cpan.org>
 2004, Tim Ellis, <ttiimmeelleessss@tigris.org>
License: GPL-2+

  or as

Files: *
Copyright:
 YYYY, Andreas Faafeng <aff@cpan.org>
License: GPL-2+
 Copyright 2004, Tim Ellis, <ttiimmeelleessss@tigris.org>

  please also replace YYYY with your actual copyright year(s) (2008
  according to README).

  Sorry for my confusion :)

* debian/changelog:
  - the trailer is missing your name (exporting DEBFULLNAME might help)
    [0]
  - please also remove "[ Andreas Faafeng ]" (this "section headers"
    are only useful when more than one persons adds changelog
    entries)
  - when you're finished set the distribution back to unstable

> > > How would I go about to set AUTHOR_TEST=1 ?
> I have left it out for the moment unless anyone objects.

/me agrees

> Again, thanks for your continued efforts.

Thanks for your patience!

[0] also caught by lintian:
E: libparse-dia-sql-perl_0.16-1_i386 changes: changed-by-name-missing <aff@cpan.org>

--