Re: Naming policy for Perl modules (mass bug filing)

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010, Stéphane Glondu wrote:

Carlo Segre a écrit :
2. the ifeffit source package is contrib and cannot be built by the
autobuilders because of its build time dependence on pgplot5.

The latter is causing me much grief and needs to be solved before I work
on consistency issues.  Right now I have to build the package by hand on
whatever architectures I can get my hands on (I only have 8) and upload
all the binaries.  The package has not migrated to testing for nearly 2
years because not all the architectures are present and until this is
resolved, there is really no point since it will only languish in unstable.

Why didn't you just ask removal of binary packages on architectures that
lack up-to-date packages?

Well, it was because of the inconsistencies in the buildd systems. Some would build using non-free sources, others would not. This has now changed and none will. Then there was the presence of the unofficial buildd network that was used to build non-free packages. I had hoped that this could be used. Now it is clear that this network is no longer functioning. I will have to do precisely as you say.

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Associate Dean for Graduate Admissions, Graduate College