Re: List of FTBFS in Ubuntu

-=| gregor herrmann, Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 03:21:19PM +0100 |=-
> On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 08:43:23 +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
>
> > From time to time, I do archive rebuilds for Ubuntu too, and I thought
> > that the results would be interesting for DDs as well, since a FTBFS in
> > Ubuntu might indicate that the package will FTBFS in the future in
> > Debian, due to toolchain changes for example.
> >
> > http://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/ubuntu_ftbfs.cgi.
>
> > Debian Perl Group <pkg-perl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
> >    [...]
> >    libpadre-plugin-autoformat-perl
> >    libpadre-plugin-css-perl
> >    libpadre-plugin-html-perl
> >    libpadre-plugin-nopaste-perl
> >    libpadre-plugin-perltidy-perl
> >    libpadre-plugin-spellcheck-perl
> >    libpadre-plugin-vi-perl
> >    libpadre-plugin-xml-perl

Looked at the above ant they either segfault in Wx.so or fail to load
Wx due to mismatched symbols. Same for libwx-perl-processstream-perl.

Please, Ubuntu, rebuild your libwx-perl package. Fixing libwx to not
change symbols without changing soname would be an option for the
future too.

Funny that padre isn't in the list of failing packages.