Re: Some perl team statistics

Hi,

Xavier Oswald wrote:
> On 20:44 11/23/10, gregor herrmann wrote:
>> On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:24:28 +0100, Xavier Oswald wrote:
>>
>>> If you want to have a look: http://alioth.debian.org/~xoswald/
>> Thanks alot!
>>
>>> I don't know perl a lot and I did this script relatively quicly, improving the
>>> code is welcome ;) The source code can be found in my HOME directory on alioth.
>> How about throwing it into our svn-repo (probably under scripts/)?
>
> Done.
>
>>> My next plan is to store collected datas and be able to gather an history and
>>> thus display history charts.
>> Nice!
>
> Before using it for real, I want to improve some parts. Ill work on it ASAP.
>
> Let's go to the BSP first ;)

some minutes I had a look at it. It looks promising! Some suggestions:

1) add a config file to the script. Use some simple and human
readable format. Config::Tiny will do.

The motivation is. if you make the configuration of the database (
user name and password) external, you can not make the mistake to
upload any password to the SVN.

So having to deal with a password in a script should only be done
via: a) cfg file or b) command line option. But not saved in a script.

2) Just a question: would you consider to save the history in the
database?

3) Is Moose installed on the server? (hint, hint, ...)

4) use formating of the script described in PBP. If you search for a
guide for vim, use the one of the CipUX project.

The motivation is: you have a lot of TABs and other things in your
file. Those invisible characters will bite you sooner or later.

Cheers
C.