Re: Full install/removal/upgrade test results available

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 08:37:17 -0600, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> I have been working on a piuparts rewrite that makes it easier to find
> install/removal/upgrade bugs. When running it on all packages in
> squeeze, I'm currently getting 682 failures. That doesn't mean 682 RC
> bugs, because some of the failures are caused by bugs in other packages,
> or only exhibit when the debconf frontend is set to noninteractive, or
> are caused by dbconfig-common problems, etc. But still, there's a fair
> number of issues that should be fixed in squeeze.
>
> [1] http://people.debian.org/~lucas/logs/2010/11/17/
> [2] http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/collab-qa/debcluster/scripts/tasks/instest.rb
>
> Debian Perl Group <pkg-perl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
>    liblinux-lvm-perl
>    libsys-virt-perl

Ok, let's look at "our" two packages:
http://people.debian.org/~lucas/logs/2010/11/17/liblinux-lvm-perl.log
http://people.debian.org/~lucas/logs/2010/11/17/libsys-virt-perl.log

Both fail with:
#v+
   Setting up lvm2 (2.02.66-4) ...
   invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of start.
   insserv: Service udev has to be enabled to start service lvm2
   insserv: exiting now!
   update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header
   dpkg: error processing lvm2 (--configure):
#v-

That looks more like an artefact from the test environment than a
problem in our packages, I guess ...

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    NP: Cat Stevens: Boy With Moon Star On His Hand