Re: "Please drop perl dependency" bugs

-=| gregor herrmann, Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 09:38:26PM +0100 |=-
> For lib.*-perl package it might be a bit annoying having to find out
> in which of the packages a dependency is.

You mean, because not every module is in separate package? Hm, this
can become tricky.

META says Foo::Bar 1.3 is needed, how do we tell if it is in
perl-modules x.y or in libfoo-bar-perl 1.3? Module::CoreList::Debian?

> (Unless we can still use a
> dependency on a main "perl" package that pulls in all of its
> siblings and the rest is an internal implementation detail of the
> perl source package.)

Except that this would defeat the point of splitting modules off
'perl-modules'