Re: "Please drop perl dependency" bugs

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:01:05 +0200, Niko Tyni wrote:

> I can bring this up on the perl5-porters list, but I'd like to get some
> more input first, particularly from oldtimers like Brendan :) Assuming
> upstream relations work out OK, are there other reasons why a more
> fine grained split would be a bad idea?

I assume it's more work to deal with more perl-* packages than we
have at the moment but that's your call :)

For lib.*-perl package it might be a bit annoying having to find out
in which of the packages a dependency is. (Unless we can still use a
dependency on a main "perl" package that pulls in all of its siblings
and the rest is an internal implementation detail of the perl source
package.)

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    NP: Pink Floyd: Is There Anybody Out There?