Introducing... me (xsawyerx-guest)

Hi all!

My username on Alioth is xsawyerx-guest (or xsawyerx - whichever) but you can call me Sawyer.

Feels a bit like starting a new class at school, standing up and saying your name, three things you like to do and three movies you like that start with the first letter of your name. :)

I'm a CPAN author, I've written roughly 20 modules and I help maintain some. I'm currently maintaining some projects that aren't originally mine like Module::Starter (which you probably know), Search::GIN (of KiokuDB fame), Dancer (web done easy in Perl? Yes!) and recently took over maintenance for Sys::HostIP.

I've written a few modules/apps of my own that I'm quite proud of (and some I might not be as proud of) such as:
- Module::Version: provides a binary called "mversion" that finally helps get a version's module. [1] [2]
- Data::Collector: provides engine-based fact collection. Kind of like Puppet's Facter, but much better.
- POE::Test::Helpers: provides an adequate testing framework for POE.

I've been blogging about Perl for a long while now on my blogs.perl.org blog [3] and I've lectured at YAPC::EU 2010 on running Perl on Android. [4]

And... I think that's already a pretty long email for an introduction. :)

Sawyer.

[1] http://blogs.perl.org/users/sawyer_x/2010/04/get-the-damned-version.html
[2] http://blogs.perl.org/users/sawyer_x/2010/07/timtowtgtdv.html
[3] http://blogs.perl.org/users/sawyer_x/