Re: Perl team slides

-=| Jonas Smedegaard, Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 02:52:38PM +0200 |=-
> On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 08:17:58AM -0400, Jonathan Yu wrote:
>> 2. You should mention on the first slide that some of our team
>> members  work on both Debian and Ubuntu directly (nhandler, ansgar,
>> iulian  udrea) -- note, there is a pkg-perl group on their side as
>> well  (Launchpad)
>
> I can't see the actual slideshow (Flash is not my friend), but above
> makes me wonder:
>
> Is that presentation (or slide) specifically about relationship between
> Debian and that one particular derivative called Ubuntu, or would it
> perhaps make sense to mention Perl packaging efforts of other
> derivatives as well?

AIUI, the later, and more on the "Debian's pkg-perl helps others too"
line.

The slides are available as PDF at
http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/docs/pkg-perl-for-users/pkg-perl-for-users.pdf
(there is a .tex source in the same directory).

> As an example, a german branch of Skolelinux maintains some Perl
> packages too.

I guess it would make sense to them to join efforts with pkg-perl?