Re: Request to join Debian Perl Group

On Aug 8, 2010, at 19:48, Onur Aslan wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I am using Debian since the day Sarge released and I am also contributing
> Debian in web pages and I guess, this is right time to involve Debian
> to improve it.

Hi Onur! Great to hear about your interest in Debian and Debian-perl. :)

> I am a CS student and I am using C and Perl all the time to write something.
> IMO Debian is the best operating system to develop some application
> with Perl because of it's repository. I want to make new module packages
> for Debian. There are a lot of useful modules in CPAN and they are just waiting
> someone to make packages of them. My dream is to make a complete and stable
> Perl environment for Debian (with perl packages) and I am here to make this
> dream true.

Sounds good, that is the skill set that is needed quite often; C and perl and a willingness help out.

> I am very familiar with Debian's package system to make new packages.
>
> Perl and Debian community is always seemed so friendly and I believe
> Debian Perl Team is the right place to involve Debian Project for me.
>
> My alioth account name is 'onur-guest'. I'll be glad if any developer could
> add me to group.

I can' t do that because I am not an administrator of that group. One of the DDs will get around to that I am sure, they usually do. On some occasions it can be quicker to drop into the IRC channel #debian-perl on irc.debian.org. Someone is usually around there.

I assume you have already seen this page: http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/ But if you haven't surf on by there, it has some useful information.

Welcome!

Warm regards,

Jeremiah