Re: Minutes of the pkg-perl BoF at DebConf 10

Hi Gregor,

Thanks for setting up the BoF and leading the discussion.

I have added a couple of comments below:

On Sat, Aug 07, 2010 at 05:50:35PM -0400, gregor herrmann wrote:

> Tim says he has given up on trying to get git to work. Not saying it
> is impossible, just saying someone has to care about it. el_cubano
> hacked a shell script to glue together half a dozen packages. His
> package's upstream moved to it.

The script to which I was referring is the build.sh script located here:
http://shorewall.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=shorewall/debian;a=tree

> Jonas is a git fanboy. He really wants to continue working with git.

I think we all agree that this was very evident :-)

> Perhaps an article in a widely read perl forum pointing to best practices?
> The debian ruby team has an open letter to upstream, perhaps we can
> do something similar. Best practices would be good. Gabor Szabo is
> always interested in getting debian checks into kwalitee.

This is the letter to which I was referring:
http://pkg-ruby-extras.alioth.debian.org/upstream-devs.html

Regards,

-Roberto

--