Re: Hoping to be of use (as well as getting my packages uploaded....)

On Aug 4, 2010, at 08:55, Jonathan Yu wrote:

> Nicholas,
>
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 8:49 AM, Nicholas Bamber <nicholas@periapt.co.uk> wrote:
>>   Do you mean you have never needed to apply for developershipness? Not
>> everything I am interested in is a perl module (or even perl)  so I might
>> have to.

> That's correct. I still intend to, when I have some free time to get
> my key better incorporated in the Web of Trust, to read over the DFSG
> again, and to catch up on what I've missed in the past couple months
> in terms of the changes to the Debian Policy manual (the last one I
> was intimately familiar with was version 3.8.2 or so).

I'd just like to also say that Jonathan has been an excellent contributor to Debian-perl and that I also have not felt the need to become a Debian Developer although it is a worthy goal and something that I plan to pursue. Contribution in this group is quite meritocratic, if you make good packages they'll get uploaded, at least that has been my experience. One good thing about not becoming a DD is that you then can't go MIA (Missing in Action).

Warm welcome and I'd recommend some of the links here: http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/

Also, people are quite active in the debian-perl channel on irc.debian.org.

Best regards,

Jeremiah