uscan fails with 'options inet6'

Hello,

I observe an issue with the Perl code used in 'uscan',
so the masters of Perl here at debian-perl should know
what actions to take.

It is a legitimate addition to '/etc/resolv.conf' when
inserting 'options inet6'. I know a handful C-coded
programs that fail for this, of which I have suggested
patches for some.

However, also 'uscan', in particular LWP::Protocol::MyFTP
is contaminated in this respect. An innocent looking
watch file

  version=3
  ftp://download.gnu.org.ua/pub/release/rush/rush-([0-9.]+)\.tar\.gz	debian	uupdate

is perfectly functional without 'options inet6', but as soon
as this addition is made to '/etc/resolv.conf', there is an
error and aborted execution:

  $ uscan --report-status
  uscan warning: In watchfile debian/watch, reading FTP directory
    ftp://download.gnu.org.ua/pub/release/rush/ failed: \
       500 LWP::Protocol::MyFTP: Bad hostname 'download.gnu.org.ua'

In C-coded software the error is due to the use of gethostbyname(3)
instead of getnameinfo(3).

Hopefully, people here at debian-perl will know what strings to pull
in order to correct this disturbing error.

--
Mats Erik Andersson, fil. dr

2459 41E9 C420 3F6D F68B  2E88 F768 4541 F25B 5D41

Subscriber to: debian-mentors, debian-devel-games, debian-perl,
               debian-ipv6, debian-qa