Re: package-installs-packlist

On 17:27 Fri 28 May     , Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> Greetings,

Hi,

> I have just packaged up Text::Trim (not exciting, I know) and am running
> into a lintian error:
>
> E: libtext-trim-perl: package-installs-packlist
> usr/lib/perl5/auto/Text/Trim/.packlist
>
> Googling didn't yeild but an old (~2007) thread on mentors.
>
> Has anyone seen this problem before? Should I go digging in the
> Makefile.PL or someplace else?

I did never get this lintian message but AFAICS, this file can be suppressed
since it is generated when using MakeMaker and this file is useless.

Or you should be able to tell MakeMaker to use vendor install dirs.

A simple trick could be to delete it in a debian/rules rule. But I don't know if
it's the nicer way...

Is this module old ? I seems that some modules from 2006 and 2007 had this issue
and this were solved by patching the module (I have parsed some diffs and old
perl modules upload)

I tried to look at all lintian raised tags and this one don't appear in any
package in debian.

Hope it helps.
Greetings,
--