Re: Rpath problem libdbd-oracle-perl

On Wed, 26 May 2010 20:01:15 -0500, Julián Moreno Patiño wrote:

> > TODO:
> >   - Uploaders: Julián instead of Peter
> Done.

Thanks!

> >   - when I download the orcale stuff I get .debs called
> >     oracle-instantclient11.2-* - adjust build dependency?
> I use oracle-instantclient-basic | oracle-instantclient11.2-basic,
> oracle-instantclient-devel | oracle-instantclient11.2-devel in
> Build-Depends, oracle-instantclient-basic, oracle-instantclient-devel to
> oracle instant client versions <= 11.1 and oracle-instantclient11.2-basic,
> oracle-instantclient11.2-devel to versions > 11.1 .

Yup, I saw later that the packages now include the versions on the
website. Do we also need *11.1*?

> But I don't know if is
> the best solution. Any suggestion is welcome.

Same here :)

Which version(s) of the oracle client do/should users use?
I guess we have to cater for all of them and provide clear
instructions in debian/README.maintainer und debian/README (for
users) what they have to do to get it working.

> >   - does the package work with different client versions?
> >
> I build package with oracle instant client versions 11.1.0.1-2 and
> 11.2.0.1.0-2 and all works fine.

Cool, thanks!

> >   - problem: the license for ora_explain.PL makes it undistributable for
> >     Debian, I guess we have to do the repackaging dance
> Upstream author has removed restrictive clausule in the license. Copyright
> file updated.

That's great news, thanks for managing this change!

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    NP: Jerry Lee Lewis: Big Legged Woman