libmodern-perl-perl vs libmodern-perl

Hi,

(Also addressing this to Ivan Kohler since he maintains packages
outside the group and to David Moreno since he maintains
libmodern-perl)

Recently there was an ITP filed against libmodern-perl-perl [0], and
it is subsequently sitting in the NEW queue. [1]

Presumably this duplicate upload will be rejected by ftp-master. It
appears Ryan was a few days late in replying to the ITP [0] and
letting Ivan know about the existing package. There is this bug report
against libmodern-perl [2] asking for the rename, but I'm not sure how
best to proceed here, as that report (and a few other bugs filed
against libmodern-perl [3] seem to be getting no attention).

The policy for "Distro::Name can be found in libdistro-name-perl" is
more a guideline that we generally follow, however, there are some
exceptions (as Ansgar and others have mentioned, with the recent push
to have some of those cleaned up and renamed to fit the policy).

So to both Ivan and David, I wonder if you would perhaps consider
joining the group and combining your packages with ours. We have been
busily adopting many packages recently and I find that it is useful to
have many of the most prominent Perl packages in one location. It also
means we would be able to handle bugs as a team, which is useful in
case real life commitments take you away from your Debian duties.

Cheers,

Jonathan

[0] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=575976 (Ryan's
reply was at 1 Apr 2010, about 24 hours later too if timestamps are
correct)
[1] http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/libmodern-perl-perl_1.03-1.html
(note upload was 30 Mar 2010)
[3] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?package=libmodern-perl