Re: Accepted patch for Cache::Historical

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:48:51 +0100, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:

> I have not really understood the mechanisms for pinging
> the masters of Debian-Perl to review the changes I make
> to 'libcache-historical-perl', so I take this opportunity
> in passing by.

If the distribution in d/changelog is set to "unstable" it will show
up on http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/pet.cgi in the "Ready
for upload" section again, and someone will review it.

> I submitted a pod-error patch to the author Mike Schilli,
> you might have seen his monthly column in the German
> periodical Linuxmagazin and its anglosaxon offspring,
> to which he has responded as shown below.

Cool!

> Now I am unsure if I should exchange the source location
> from the CPAN-address presently used in 'libcache-historical-perl'
> for an address pointing to the github?

I hope the package will be uploaded to CPAN eventually, working with
random snapshots from github is not that comfortable.

If upstream takes too long to upload to CPAN feel free to prepare the
package with your path in the meantime.

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG Key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    NP: The Beatles: A Day In The Life