Re: r35428 - /trunk/libtest-refcount-perl/debian/changelog

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 05:13:25AM -0000, jawnsy-guest@users.alioth.debian.org wrote:
> Author: jawnsy-guest
> Date: Fri May 15 05:13:16 2009
> New Revision: 35428

> Log:
> Both dependencies are in NEW now, so dch -r. Note this module is still
> waiting for libdevel-findref-perl and libdevel-refcount-perl to be
> accepted, but they're waiting in NEW.

I wonder if it wouldn't be more prudent (okay, more conservative and
a bit more careful, yes, but still IMHO more prudent) to wait until
the packages are actually accepted, not just in NEW :)  Just in case
they are rejected for some difficult-to-fix reason and it takes time
to resolve it.

At least that's what I've gathered from the policy on the -mentors
list; most sponsors seem to frown upon maintainers submitting packages
that need other packages that are still not in the archive proper.
Of course, with the sponsors in our team and with the level of careful
checking and attention they give each package before uploading it
a rejection from NEW should be extremely rare - and here's a great
"thanks!" to the pkg-perl sponsors :)  But still... well, I don't know,
I personally tend to wait until the dependencies are actually accepted
:)

G'luck,
Peter

--