Re: Dual-Build Modules (What to do if both Makefile.PL and Build.PL exist)

On Fri, 2009-08-05 at 10:56 -0400, Jonathan Yu wrote:
> You are correct that the only compelling reason to switch /away/ from
> the current setup is a bug in Module::Build::Compat. But at the same
> time, I think that if there is nothing real opposing the change, then
> we should do it, because ExtUtils::MakeMaker is deprecated anyway.

Where do you get the information that ExtUtils::MakeMaker is
deprecated ?

The upstream maintainer published that statement some years ago but it
seems to have been rescinded.  At least that's what I was told on the
module-authors list about 16-18 months ago.

--
--gh