Re: Dual-Build Modules (What to do if both Makefile.PL and Build.PL exist)

Hi Gregor:

Thanks for your consideration.

You are correct that the only compelling reason to switch /away/ from
the current setup is a bug in Module::Build::Compat. But at the same
time, I think that if there is nothing real opposing the change, then
we should do it, because ExtUtils::MakeMaker is deprecated anyway.

I think that it's worth further investigation. So far all we have
opposing the change is Joey Hess' argument that it might break some
modules, which is logical but not proven.

Is that the current state of this discussion?

Cheers,

Jonathan