Re: 3-line debian/rules

On Sun, 03 May 2009 21:58:22 +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:

> > Someone[tm] should write scripts/quiltify.{pl,sh} :)
> or ... (see below)

Ok ...

> > Still, I'd like to have one default method and dh-make-perl to use
> > this one, whether it's the "old" or the "new" one.
> Providing the 3-liner is a piece of cake. I am a bit worried about
> what should --refresh do when "upgrading" the "old" to "new" rules.
> Ideally, it should detect usage of quilt and add the relevant lines,
> therefore providing the "quiltify" functionality above.

Preservering existing quilt functionality in debian/rules would
indeed be nice for --refresh.

> Ah, no, quiltify shall convert a 3-liner to the 3-liner+quilt version?
> That's not that hard to write (cat <<EOF >> debian/rules)
> Did I get it right?

Yes; the "quiltify" I had in mind for some time (and was too lazy to
write) would:

1) add quilt to B-D in d/control
2) create debian/patches
3) add quilt fragments to d/rules
4) add debian/README.source
( 5) probably set the dh dependency to >= 7.0.50 when the override_*
approach is used for adding quilt targets in d/rules )

Just the usual steps we do when adding quilt support to a package :)

(Hm, and when called as "dequiltify" it could ...)

 .''`.   Home: http://info.comodo.priv.at/{,blog/} / GPG Key ID: 0x00F3CFE4
 `. `'   Member of VIBE!AT, SPI Inc., fellow of FSFE | http://got.to/quote/
   `-    NP: Suzanne Vega: Cracking