Re: Padre 0.25 released

Hi Damyan,

Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> -=| Damyan Ivanov, Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:58:56AM +0200 |=-
> * share/icons/gnmoe218/* lacks any notice of copyright and license.
>   Not distributable, especially as the directory suggests that's
>   someone else's work (GNOME project)

I added the copyright/license notice for the gnome-icon-theme that I
could find in the debian package.

> * share/icons/padre/README.txt says:
>
>    This directory contains padre-specific icons, all of which have
>    either been created from scratch by members of the Padre team (they
>    fall under the same terms as Padre itself) or have their source
>    individually documented and verified.
>   This fails in two ways.
>
>    * "members of the Padre team" is rather wague. The team is not
>      a legal entity and cannot hold copyright. I'd suggests adding "as
>      described below" to make it clear for the future additions to the
>      list that each icon has to have the author's copyright
>      documented.

I added those three words.

>    * "same terms as Padre itself" is vague too. Right now, to the best
>      of my nitpick^W knowledge, all padre sources use "same terms as
>      Perl itself". Why not mention that explicitly for the icons too?
>      Some day, part of the padre may use another license and then
>      "same as Padre" becomes a puzzle.

I changed that to "same terms as Perl".

> * actions/x-document-close.png
>
>   "Taken from KDE4 Oxygen theme". Please include exact copyright and
>   licensing terms at the time the file was taken from KDE4. For
>   instance, I am pretty sure that file is not licensed "same as Perl".
>   It can also change later, making the trunk/ URL not reliable source
>   of such information.

I added the full copyright information to the README.txt where the rest
of the copyright info lives. I did not change the URL yet. Got to run.

> * status/*
>
>   "Created by Padre developer Steffen Mueller"
>   Please add copyright statement (with an year) and explicit license.

Done.

This is all in the SVN trunk, of course.
http://svn.perlide.org/padre/trunk/Padre/share/icons

Cheers,
Steffen