Re: Debianizing Filter::Crypto::Decrypt

> If you want a less distro-specific testing method (even if the results
> is perhaps distro-specific) then perhaps use lsb_release instead
> (contained in lsb-base in Debian) which on Debian queries the content of
> /etc/debian_version.

> - Jonas

Thanks Jonas.

It looks like CentOS doesn't have a lsb_release in the path, so we'd
have to search $ENV{PATH} and then call it.

I don't see an easy way to tell from the output whether a distribution
is debian-based.

cjac@hardy0:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Release:	8.04
Codename:	hardy

cjac@lenny0:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Debian
Release:	5.0.1
Codename:	lenny

Perhaps for now

 -e q{/etc/debian_version} && !-e q{/usr/bin/perldoc.stub}

is the easiest and least prone to error.

Steve?