Re: Debianizing Filter::Crypto::Decrypt

2009/11/5 C.J. Adams-Collier <cjac@colliertech.org>:
> On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 23:27 +0000, Steve Hay wrote:
>> 2009/11/3 C.J. Adams-Collier <cjac@colliertech.org>:
>> > Hey there.  I'm going to package this up.  Want a patch to fix the POD
>> > test failure?
>> >
>> > At least I *think* it is in this package...
>> >

>> Yes, if you have a patch then I'd be happy to receive it.
>
> The point has been raised that OpenSSL is incompatible with the GPL.  Do
> you feel like patching your code to indicate this?  We'll bring it up in
> the debian-specific copyright file either way, but thought it might be
> good for you to know.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll add a note to LICENCE that OpenSSL is
distributed under a BSD-style licence. Note that LICENCE already
mentions that two of the functions included in Filter-Crypto are based
on code taken from mod_ssl, which is also distributed under a
BSD-style licence.

Btw, regarding your fix for the POD test failures, I'd like to do
something about this. I've just got two FAIL reports in from CPAN
Testers regarding this bug. Both are on Debian:

http://nntp.x.perl.org/group/perl.cpan.testers/5926663
http://nntp.x.perl.org/group/perl.cpan.testers/5916199

I think the easiest thing to do would be to skip the test concerned
when running on Debian with Pod::Perldoc's VERSION (and/or perldoc's
VERSION if it has one) less than a certain value, or failing that,
just skip it when the Debian version is level than a certain value.
Can you tell me what the appropriate version(s) are that I'd need to
skip the test on?

Thanks,
Steve