Re: Proposing removal of Catalyst::Plugin::XMLRPC

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:01 PM, Jonathan Yu <jonathan.i.yu@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm proposing this package be removed from libcatalyst-modules-perl in Debian:
>
> Catalyst::Plugin::XMLRPC -- currently there is insufficient copyright
> info, and it also breaks with the new RPC::XML (RT#50367)
>
> See- http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=50367
>
> It's not part of the Catalyst repository. We can try to file a bug
> asking for corrected copyright information.
>
> If this module is to be resurrected in Debian, I think it should
> reside in its own package anyway.

It should also be noted, Catalyst::Plugin::Server (already packaged in
Debian and broken, but under better upstream maintenance) offers
similar functionality.

22:10:06 < jawnsy> I left this note for myself --   TODO: RPC::XML
0.69 breaks Catalyst-Plugin-Server,  see
22:10:13 < jawnsy> I'm not sure if it's still valid. I'll need to look
at that :P
22:10:50 <@omega> seems to be
22:11:04 <@hobbs> jawnsy: latest release [of Catalyst::Plugin::Server
--jawnsy] has a note about it, but at least there *is* a maintainer
and a latest release. And it's
                  better code. :)
22:11:22  * jawnsy nods
22:11:39 < jawnsy> I didn't realize Catalyst-Plugin-Server offered
similar functionality
22:11:50 < jawnsy> in which case I'd push harder for removal of Cat::P::XMLRPC
22:12:15 <@t0m> jawnsy: It's in our 'historical' directory

Note the ops are Catalyst developers.