Re: Proposal to improve approx configuration upgrades

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 12:13:45PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 05:19:10PM +0200, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> Also, I haven't looked into either one in enough detail, but how does
> your approach differ from ucf?

ucf has a rather crude upgrade strategy: either accept upstream or keep your
file or use your favorite editor.

That's not true.  ucf supports three-way merges.

Correct.

A big difference is that ucf does line-based merges whereas Config::Model does object-based merges: It is taught semantics of the config file so can distinguish config "items" apart.

 - Jonas