Proposal to improve approx configuration upgrades

Hello

Le jeudi 17 septembre 2009 14:11:01, Dominique Dumont a écrit :
> So, I've written a wiki page [1] that explains:
> - how configuration upgrade are managed by Config::Model
> - how to implement such upgrades with Approx example:
>   * create a configuration model for approx.conf
>   * the patch required for approx package scripts

In order to minimize the modifications to apply to approx package, I've
created the libconfig-model-approx package, so now there's no need to ship
approx.conf configuration model in approx package.

The patch for approx is much simpler (See attachment):
* a call to config-edit in postinst script
* a new dependency on libconfig-model-approx-perl

Now what's next?

Can I submit a bug to approx package to push this idea further?

Eric, what do you think ?

All the best

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/PackageConfigUpgrade