Re: libhtml-wikiconverter-markdown-perl

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 01:18:29AM -0430, Jose Luis Rivas wrote:
On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 11:43 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:
Please do not "upgrade" away from cdbs! It has been some time since I have shown the WikiConverter packages my love, but I still care for them and want to work with them - and I do that most effectively using cdbs.

I don't know if this is the best decision for pkg-perl team as a
group. There's a lot of people that don't work on some packages just
because they are on cdbs and the debian/rules on
libhtml-wikiconverter-markdown-perl is not an exception with a highly
complicated structure for someone trying to work fast and accomplish
objectives which I believe is the way the team maintains it's dynamic
with a lot of packages and all being take care of as fast as possible
which complicated packages don't help.

I do strongly believe that's best using simple ways of packaging as
dh7 and that using CDBS is just adding extra complication in a package
relatively easy. Please reconsider your petition.

I understand your concerns and respect them. I explicitly raised the issue of CDBS sue when joining the Perl group, and back then it was not considered a problem, but I will respect *if* the opinion of the group has now changed.

Nevertheless do not, however, drop the use of CDBS, but instead clarify if it is the wish of the Perl group to abandon the use of CDBS - I will (sadly) unsubscribe from the group and remove the cluttering packages.

Kind regards,

  - Jonas