Re: 4 packages up to adoption

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 08:09:00 -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

> > > http://packages.qa.debian.org/libe/libembperl-perl.html
> > I just realized this one is co-maintaienr by gunnar. So it is not up to
> > adoption :)
> Heh, Gregor is completely right - If I didn't submit it for group
> maintenance is that I didn't notice -

That was my guess :)

> As I am listed as an uploader
> (and I often refer basically to my QA page, which shows it nicely in
> blue), I expected to be... as the rest of my comaintained
> packages. So, yes, this bugger has received its good share of
> neglection :-(

Which can be changed ...

> Please note that IIRC Embperl has been orphaned upstream. I use it at
> least for one system I developed at home, and would appreciate it not
> going away (that's why I became an uploader), but cannot really
> recommend it to anybody (as it is TRULY not clean in many regards). It
> has a low popcon level (and _very_ low recent usage), so it might be
> wise to just let it drown.

Hm, I'd suggest to move it to our repo and look together what's best
to do with it.

> I am very ashamed of its current status, as ashamed as I am on my
> current Debian work level :-(

No need to, it's always nice when you use some of your free time to
help out in the group!

Cheers,
gregor, hugging Gunnar over the Atlantic

--
 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG Key IDs: 0x00F3CFE4, 0x8649AA06
 `. `'   Member of VIBE!AT, SPI Inc., fellow of FSFE | http://got.to/quote/