Re: 4 packages up to adoption

Ana Guerrero dijo [Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 01:57:51PM +0200]:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 01:51:17AM +0200, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> >
> > http://packages.qa.debian.org/libe/libembperl-perl.html
>
> I just realized this one is co-maintaienr by gunnar. So it is not up to
> adoption :)
> gunnar, gus seems to be MIA, so it is maybe a good idea remove him from
> maintainers field.

Heh, Gregor is completely right - If I didn't submit it for group
maintenance is that I didn't notice - As I am listed as an uploader
(and I often refer basically to my QA page, which shows it nicely in
blue), I expected to be... as the rest of my comaintained
packages. So, yes, this bugger has received its good share of
neglection :-(

Please note that IIRC Embperl has been orphaned upstream. I use it at
least for one system I developed at home, and would appreciate it not
going away (that's why I became an uploader), but cannot really
recommend it to anybody (as it is TRULY not clean in many regards). It
has a low popcon level (and _very_ low recent usage), so it might be
wise to just let it drown.

I am very ashamed of its current status, as ashamed as I am on my
current Debian work level :-(

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244