Re: Some thoughts about packages and priorities

On Sun, 2009-08-02 at 15:23 +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:
> "Quality before quantity"
> Or: What to upload, what to package?
>
> 1) Existing packages with RC bugs.
> 2) Existing packages with other bugs.
> 3) Existing packages with (useful) new upstream versions or (useful)
>    packaging changes (includes adopting packages).
> 4) New packages which are new deps of existing packages.
> 5) New packages with RFPs.
> 6) New packages with informal requests.
> 7) New packages that are "just nice".

+1  :)

This doesn't set any guidelines about when to file removal requests.  I
think 'libclass-dbi-sweet-perl' came up on IRC recently... it would make
the release team happy if we got our RC bug count down to 0 (regardless
of when the freeze is happening).

--
Tim Retout <tim@retout.co.uk>