Re: Joining the Debian Perl team

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 19:20:43 +0200, Jonathan McDowell wrote:

> > I have not forgotten our discussions (at DebConf8) and was wondering
> > if and when you will "appear" here.
> I'd been lurking for some time, waiting until I thought I might have
> enough time to actually get things rolling. Looks like I was a little
> early given I've only just got round to injecting my first package...

Better late then never :)

> Before I do the rest, have I done The Right Thing with libwww-cnic-perl?
> I've injected the version that's in lenny/squeeze/sid and created the
> appropriate tag.

Looking at the commit messages it looks fine.

(BTW: if you check out the scripts directory you get some nice tools
like takeover-for-pkg-perl.sh and packagecheck that make
svn-injecting and adapting packages to the group easier.)

If you have some questions about some details feel free to join
#debian-perl or just grab one of us here at DebConf.

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG Key IDs: 0x00F3CFE4, 0x8649AA06
 `. `'   Member of VIBE!AT, SPI Inc., fellow of FSFE | http://got.to/quote/
   `-    BOFH excuse #286:  Telecommunications is downgrading.